Sunday, July 13, 2008

The final word

It's been revealed that the friends who put me up to this worked for a marketing agency. They dared me to see if I could survive 3 days camped on the street to be the first in the world to get the new 3G iPhone, using nothing but the Yellow website. Well I did and I had an awesome time along the way.

Most importantly for me though, I did get to keep a phone - and I absolutely love it. In fact I brought two - one for me and the other (the first one) you can win on the Yellow website.

Cheers - and thanks heaps for all your support from all around the world.

Jonny

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Iphone 3G Accessories;
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=134409
www.mallinsonimports.co.nz

Anonymous said...

Clever marketing agency to piggy back your stunt for their own gain...

I spose its okay if they bought you a phone though!

SayNOtoYellow! said...

2,852000 Yellow Pages directories published for New Zealand's metros if each on weighs on average 1.5kgs that's 4,278000 tonnes of paper !
Follow me on Twitter @SayNOtoYellow

Anonymous said...

Cool story you got here. I'd like to read something more concerning this topic. The only thing I would like to see on that blog is some pics of any devices.
Alex Trider
Phone jammers

Anonymous said...

Cell phones are full-duplex devices, which means they use two separate frequencies, one for talking and one for listening simultaneously. Some jammers block only one of the frequencies used by cell phones, which has the effect of blocking both. The phone is tricked into thinking there is no service because it can receive only one of the frequencies.

Thea M. Madsen
blocking cell phone signals